Sunday, September 7, 2014

Doors

This picture about sums up life most days. Each day is a series of open and closed doors that we walk through, wait to open or walk away from. This weekend was no different except there was expectation of doors being opened that no longer were unlocked. Cameron travelled with a friend who is a fellow missionary to the village. Unfortunately I had a virus keeping me in bed. (Viruses do not respect doors!) This village had three families asking to study the Bible prior to us going back to the States, but unfortunately those doors were closed this weekend. One lady expressed that her desires have simply changed and she's not interested. Another point of contact continues to be out of the country and the nephew of another man said "My uncle is drunk right now but you can talk with him if you want to." That's an open door that Cameron walked away from. You can pray for this village and for the doors that were opened and for those that remain open to be places that can be entered for God's Word to be studied. On the way back to Sofia, there is a roma community we always see and desire to enter but have not had the right timing, the peace, or the courage to go into it as a family. Today Cameron had the perfect opportunity so he and his friend stopped. The whole community was heading to a wedding and the community was alive with activity. Cameron and his friend began talking to a man who explained that there were no known believers in the area and no church. It's rare to find someone to not immediately claim to be a Christian and say "all the right things" but this honesty gave Cameron the opportunity to ask if they would be interested in studying the Bible together. Praise God he said yes and gave Cameron his phone number. We will begin to meet with them on Saturday or Sunday. Please be praying for this weekend. I admit that though this open door is exciting, it is where my insecurities battle within me most. I know my weakness is the bulgarian language and it is the required factor in communicating God's Word. These two things collide within my heart and mind but God always transforms the moment to be deservingly about His glory and not about my abilities or my inabilities. It is always with great astonishment that I get to see His hand move in the lives of others despite how well I feel I spoke or how miserable I butchered the language. Please pray that again His hand moves and draws this community to one day proclaim "There are many believers here!"

No comments:

Post a Comment