Saturday, March 24, 2012

What life could have looked like...


During my meditation today I read the following verse:
"If the LORD had not been on our side-" Psalm 124

I took a moment to look back and ponder what your life might have turned out to look like if the Lord had not been beside you.
Here are a few of mine:

"If the LORD had not been on our side" I would have stayed depressed after losing my babies.
"If the LORD had not been on our side" I may or may not have married Cameron but I know my marriage would not be the amazing love it is.
"If the LORD had not been on our side" I would have died or been seriously injured in a head on collision at 17 years old.
"If the LORD had not been on our side" Me and possibly my children would have lost our lives at the hand of a crazy gun waving man in New Orleans who intended to take it.
"If the LORD had not been on our side" Micah and Benjamin would be names only imagined and never held.
"If the LORD had not been on our side" We would own a home in America and live out a life soley for our own purposes.
"If the LORD had not been on our side" I would have had one or many affairs and be divorced right now.
"If the LORD had not been on our side" Both Cameron and I would have brought damaging issues into our marriage from our childhoods.
"If the LORD had not been on our side" I would have blindly walked down a path of sin set before me.
"If the LORD had not been on our side" I would hold hate and bitterness against others in my heart rather than forgivness, mercy and love.
"If the LORD had not been on our side" I would never be able to tell of awesome miracles and dreams He has given us.
"If the LORD had not been on our side" We would not have become who we are today and who He continues to mold us to be.

Chapter 124 ends with this thought that because the LORD was and is on our side:

"We have escaped like a bird from the hunter's net; the net is torn, and we have escaped. Our help is in the name of the LORD the Maker of Heaven and earth!"
Ps. 124:7-8

Thank you God for tearing a net that satan had intended to capture us in. Take a moment today to think of all the ways God has torn open a hole in the net satan intended to destroy you with and give God due praise!
Some of you reading this are still trapped in the net but there is hope in the hand of mercy that is found in Jesus Christ. Only His hand is Mighty to save, call out to Him today!

No comments:

Post a Comment