Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Reason 202 to visit the Zoo...Cotton Candy!!!










Now who wouldn't want to visit the zoo and eat cotton candy that is the size of your entire body?! Just another reason we love the zoo here in Sofia!
On another note, Cameron and I seem to be allergic to Bulgaria and keep suffering from allergies that make us feel horrible! Please pray that this will be resolved.
Since we are limited in our language we have tried to show God's glory in ways in which we live. We have language home work every meeting and part of our homework is to create sentences with the things we have learned. One word I learned this past week was "Love" in Bulgarian and what better sentance to write out than John 3:16:
"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son so that who ever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life"
I translated this verse to the best of my ability and my language teacher was able to correct my translation with her favorite red pen and begin her unexpected travel through scripture. I will continue to follow her home work expectations by using scripture as my sentence structure and include my new bulgarian words I've learned.
Acts of kindness in this cold cultured climate is another way we are showing God's glory. It is amazing at the reaction you recieve when you simply hand someone on the street a tissue for their nose, give a piece of candy to someone sitting next to you on the metro, or simply smile and say hello in your broken Bulgarian.
Thank you for praying for us!
Jenn

The answer to how many deer are now in the zoo after last winter's stray dog attack...#3! Micah and I are happy to display that number in the picture above! =)

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that cotton candy is bigger than Micah! :)

    Can I just say I LOVE that you are sharing Scripture thru your homework!!! Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cotton candy looks uh-mazing! I haven't found any "candy floss" (as it's called here) except for the prepackaged kind in the grocery store...boo.
    I love that you guys found the zoo! Stay warm and dry!

    ReplyDelete