Tuesday, January 25, 2011


We are sorry there hasn't been any recent postings. We have all had our share of sickness these past two weeks and simply getting out of bed has been a challenge. I don't think we've been that sick as a family ever!
We are currently getting better one at a time and right now Micah would be the worst out of all of us. We have experienced our first bout with culture shock and with tears came smiles of God's comfort and goodness. The culture shock hit when the doctor prescribed medicines in the wrong dosage and for the wrong body part twice. Being sick and having to look up every medicine before giving it to our family was exhausting but God was good to show us the need for this and therefore we avoided potential problems.
Last week Bulgaria announced a flu epidemic for the area and this news only made me want to hole up in our apartment and not get sick again. I began to wonder if my obsession with my anti-germ campaign was more culture shock than anything and part of it was. I guess I was hesitant to put our trust in the medical care here again and wanted to avoid it as much as possible. God softened my heart and reminded me that we dwell under the shadow of His wings and Psalm 91 brought me hope and faith to step out into our lives here again. I got a text message this morning telling me that Micah's school is cancelled for the next two weeks due to the flu and a man from my Mom's church has offered to check all the medicine we're prescribed with and look it up and the correct dosages for us. God spoils us and is prompt to take care of all the details! I love Him so much and He amazes me all the time with His love and goodness!
So what does a family who is just about well do when they live under the shadow of His wings...Go Sledding for a little bit!! Don't worry we stayed warm and only outside for a little bit! The pack of stray dogs helped bring us inside!! EEk!
Love you~!

3 comments:

  1. You constantly encourage me with your faith. One of the things I miss so much about you not living next door is to just be able to hear your faith and see it manifested every day. But thanks to this you're still preachin' at me girl. :) I love you so, so much. Praying that your family remains well and praising God for His protection and His doling out of wisdom so you could make sure the medications were right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well of course the stray dogs were there. You probably brought your chanta with you!

    It was sooooooo great to talk to you yesterday! I totally needed that! Hang in there, drink lots of cocoa, do some language homework, and love on your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen, you are a blessing. God may have sent the dogs to sent you back in so that you wouldn't come across someone with the flu:-> Praying that the language comes easy and that you settle in. The boys are looking happy. Enjoyed the video from the zoo with the lizard. From Laura

    ReplyDelete